In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge: “Twinkle.”
Category Archives: Archive
The Anti-Bucket List
As I was going through the WordPress Daily Prompt list, I happened upon this one – Kick the Bucket. I already have a Buck List, but I think it kind of helps to let folks what you’re not going to do. You know, so they don’t ask you to do it.
- Attempt to sleep in a coffin to overcome my fear of enclosed spaces. I already know I can’t do it. I have to have a valium or two for an MRI
- Will not walk on hot coals. Those that know me know why
- Bungee Jumping. There’s something about hurling oneself off a bridge with a rubber band attached to your ankles that’s just not very appealing.
- Attend Mardi Gras. Well, maybe just the parade, but after that I’m high tailing it out of there
- Chase a tornado. Enough said.
- Be a willing participant in a magic trick. It’d be just my luck I get sawed in half and the magician can’t remember what to say or do to put me back together. Irrational fear? I think not.
- Get a nose ring, nipple ring, tongue ring, you get the picture. I remember all to well the day I got my ears pierced. I wanted to take that ear piercing gun and . . . Well, violence never solves anything.
This is my Anti-Bucket list thus far. I’m pretty sure there are more things I won’t do, but I haven’t had my morning cup of Joe yet and it’s nearly noon.
Where did the time go?!
I hope you’ve enjoyed!😃
And it’s been my pleasure getting to know you!
I decided to go back and look at my first couple of posts: Tis the Season and A Chick Making the Most Out of 2014 and took stock of how much I’ve grown as a blogger and as a person. Who would have thought that blogging would have helped me grow personally?
Looking back over the year. I’ve had some highs and some lows. Continue reading
My Irrational Fear. Or is It?
I was walking back to the metro station after my doctor’s appointment, in which I was told I still look and sound like crap. And for that I had to pay $40, but I digress.
Anyway, I’m walking back to the metro station and as I’m walking I begin having this thought about what I consider to be an irrational fear. Whenever I’m walking the mean streets of DC, I fear I’m going to face plant and knock out my teeth. I often think about going out and buying a mouth guard or asking my dentist for one.
No sooner had I completed the thought about my irrational fear than I do a walking trip. Kind of like tripping of the stairs. If my childhood ballet teacher saw that, I’m sure she’d be impressed. Didn’t face plant, but it feels like I broke my toe. Not going back to the doctor for that. Will tape it to the next, pull out an old orthopedic shoe boot, put it on and keep it moving.
Loosies, Punishable by Death
Last night, I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me (no pun intended) after hearing the Grand Jury decision stating Officer Daniel Pantaleo would not be INDICTED. I’m not sure what video they were watching, but what I saw in my humble opinion shows the police using excessive force.
I flipped back and forth from CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, & local news in hopes of finding out how the grand jury reached their decision, but instead I found the majority of commentators, and law enforcement are equally perplexed. Continue reading