I’m participating in WordPress’ Writing 101 and taking a bit of time to catch up with the assignments. The Day 2 assignment was to write a list on: (1) Things I’ve learned or (2) Things I Like or (3) Things I wish . And since I’m an overachiever I did two out of three. Actually, I did all three, but the ‘things I’ve learned’ list is a little more personal for me to share at this time.
Things I Wish
- That we actually had politicians that cared for the people that elect them
- I wish I had a never ending supply of Ben & Jerry’s Salted Caramel ice cream. I’m so addicted
- That we could open a dialog on race relations because if we don’t and soon we’re going to implode. And I don’t mean just black/white race relations.
- That the news wasn’t so sensationalized. I wish we actually got news instead of the watered down crap they call news.
- I wish I had a green thumb, but I don’t and I’ve come to terms with that
- I wish Ikea was closer. It’s like the Disney World of stores and who doesn’t lie Disney World?
- I wish I could go back in time and talk to some of the literary greats: Shakespeare, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Zora Neale Hurston, Charlotte Bronte, Mary Shelly, T.S. Eliot, Mark Twain, Sophocles, Aristophones, Joyce. This is a list that could go on and on.
- I wish I felt more comfortable with blogging. After all these years I’m still pretty afraid that ya’ll won’t like what I write
- I wish my upstairs neighbor wasn’t such an annoying and inconsiderate dick
- I wish I had an I Dream of Jenie Genie. Now that would be pretty sweet. Huzzah!
Things I Like
- God. I find calm and peace of mind when I’m in the word and the presence of God.
- White water rafting. This is more of a love than a like. It’s so exhilarating. I find that whenever I go I’m amped for hours after it.
- Camping. There’s something about spending the night under the stars. I especially love camping when it’s nice and cool at night. Beach camping is pretty sweet too.
- Creative Writing. I’ve been doing a lot of that lately, even though I haven’t been posting any of it. The reason being is that it’s much more personal and not stuff I’m quite ready to share. Maybe one day.
- Music. Practically anything
- Reading. I’m pretty open to almost any literary genre, but the one genre I don’t/won’t read is romance. Just not my cuppa tea. I get turned off from my preferred genre (mystery/crime/thriller) if the author throws in romance.
- Pizza. Pizza is perhaps the only food group that I can eat every day, all day. I say this as I’m seriously thing about ordering one for dinner. Favorites: Meat Lovers, Hawaiian, and Veggie
- My Apple products. I hate that I have to use a PC at work. It saddens me. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get a Mac at my desk for a minute now.
- Sleep. Yeah not sure I need to go into detail on this.
- Coffee. Not necessarily Starbucks either. I mean let’s be truthful Starbucks is not the best coffee out there. They got us hooked because it’s freakin’ strong. Like grow hair on your chest strong.
- Breakfast food for dinner. Yepper. I will fix myself some pancakes or french toast, bacon/sausage, eggs, and or fried potatoes for dinner with a quickness. Also, cereal is a good go to for me.