I found this thing a little while ago. It’s called: 10 Things I wish people knew about me. I got to thinking about it. In spite of me having reached my 300th blog post, I’ve been relatively guarded. So, I thought this would be nice. You know, open myself up a little more to you guys and let ya’ll into my world a little more.
1. I play the flute. I played the flute in my elementary and middle school band. I stopped in high school because band practice and track practice were at the same time. Bummer. I did pick it back in college though as more of a hobby and calm me down kinda thing.
2. I play the piano. I started playing the piano in middle school. I really don’t even remember how I got into it. I remember the lady that used to watch me after school had one and that’s where I started learning. The next thing I knew I was being shuffledYee off to piano lessons.
3. I used to take ballet. All I have to say is that my mother made me do it. And I was and still am fairly clumsy. I will say this after I got over being forced to take it, I rather enjoyed that tutu.
4. I like to watch classic movies. I don’t know what it is about those classic movies. Actually, that’s a lie. I do know why I much prefer them over today’s movies. I find the actors/actresses were much better at their craft. Sunday was a really lazy day, so I watched “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, “West Side Story” (an all time fav), “The Bad Seed”, and “Imitation of Life.”
5. I own five articles of black clothing. I don’t like to wear dark clothing. It makes me feel blah. During the winter I wear mostly off white to include my winter coat. I also wear a lot of bright colors. Once in a while you’ll catch me gray.
6. I’m an introvert. Yepper. I am an intrinsic not an extrinsic. When people hear that they can’t/won’t believe it. I often get, “but you’re the social butterfly of the office.” That may very well be true but it’s all an act I’ve learned to perfect over the years. At the end of the day of am completely and utterly drained with all the social interactions.
7. I like to travel by myself. Don’t get me wrong, traveling with others can be great. However, I like to go where I want to go when I want to go. I don’t like to be bound or feel bound by what someone else wants to do. If I don’t want to go out that day, I don’t want to feel guilt tripped into going out.
8. I read mystery/thriller/crime/who done it novels. I like a good think when I’m reading. If I’m not putting the pieces of a puzzle together, I tend to get bored pretty quick.
9. I majored in English & Computer Science. I’m still asking myself why. Not in a bad way, but why that combination.
10. I want to learn how to salsa. Why? Why not? It’s freakin’ sexy. Remember Dirty Dancing
Do, you have 10 things or anything you’d like your fellow bloggers to know about you? If so, feel free to share it in here the comments area.
And don’t forget starting September 1st, I’ll be doing the Single Woman’s Blogging Challenge and I would to share this with other single ladies. If you’re interested, please join me. You can sign up over here. Let’s get together and have some single lady blogging fun.