We’ve all got pet peeves and here are 10 of mine. What are some of yours?
1. Snow days on my day off — Oh what do you mean, E? Well, I’ll be damned. I took yesterday off (scheduled pre-mother nature). It was my day to take my car to the shop and get caught up on homework — neither of which happened. It snowed Sunday night and my office closed Monday. What the frack? I used a vacation day and all I had to do was wait for mother nature to drop a few inches of snow.
Dear Mother Nature,
You owe me and I expect to be compensated in full in the very near future.
2. People who don’t clean off their snow covered cars in full. Since you were off just like me, why didn’t you carry your lazy tail outside and clean the snow off your car. And why in the world would you only clean off part of the windshield and rear window. May all of that snow fall in your field of vision and you get slapped with a reckless driving ticket. Those are some serious points on your driving record.
3. Sunday drivers Monday through Saturday. Even though the speed limit on the Beltway is 55 no one does it and if you so chose to do it stay to the far right lane.
4. Cell Yell — You know those people that insist on talking at the top of lungs while on their cell phone. Bring it down. Inside voices, please. Those itty bitty microphones are much more powerful than you give them credit for.
This isn’t a pet peeve, I just find it humorous. The folks on their cell phones when it’s time for them to talk they take the phone from their ear and put the mic as close to their mouth as they can get and then yell their part of the conversation into it.
5. Tattle tales over the age of 12. One lady on my job is pushing 60 and my god does she tell everything. Lady do you know how much I don’t care and do you realize that you telling me what so-and-so is doing or not doing doesn’t make you look any better in my eyes. I want to say “focus on your own wheelhouse” or “people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.”
6. Pettiness. Don’t like it. Don’t deal with petty people.
7. People who wait in line to order, then don’t know what they want. Why in the hell would you stand in line and then hold it up because your dumb arse didn’t figure out what you wanted before hand. And then you look shocked when the person says, “May I take your order.” Really!?
8. Bad grammar. I cringe when I hear bad grammar, especially if English is your first language. Subject/Verb agreement people.
9. People who don’t cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. Please, please, please I beg of you cover your mouth because I really and truly don’t want what you’ve got.
10. Ladies this one is specifically for you.
“If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat.”
You are aware there are others that will come in to pee after you, right?