I am by no means a fashionista or the fashion police, but I do have a good eye for fashion and I have spent my fair share of years of working in clothing stores. And I spent a great deal of time dressing people for their body type.
Here are a few things to remember in my humble opinion.
Just because they make it in your size doesn’t mean you should buy it
- If you’re a size 20, you should not be wearing leggings or jeggings,
- If you’re a size 2, you should not be wearing leggings or jeggings.
- Actually, let’s face it leggings and jeggings can be a FAIL for any size
- If you’re a busty woman bypass the shrug/bolero jacket
- If you tatas are practically non-existent you, too, should avoid the shrug/bolero
A note on heels
- If you’re not use to wearing heels, start off with kitten heels
- If you walk like you’re stepping over cow chips, don’t wear anything higher than a kitten heel
- If you look like you’re about to take a face plant on the sidewalk in anything higher than a kitten heel, don’t wear anything higher than a kitten heel (and if I see you face plant, I will laugh. Please accept my apologies now)
Sadly muffin tops are never ever attractive
- Spanks may be expensive, but invest in some. If you can’t afford them, please feel free to go with the good ole fashion girdle
- Don’t like girdles, then buy pants/skirts that sit at your natural waist.
- And by the way your natural waist does not start at your hips. Use your belly button as a guide.
It’s starting to warm up and pretty soon ladies, we will be strutting our cute, sexy and sassy sandles, but before you do. . .
- Make sure your dogs are in good order. There’s nothing worse than see some cute funky sandle and it looks like your feet are trying to chew the straps.
- If you haven’t had a pedicure all winter, now is a good time start
I’m a fan of not showing a panty line, but what I am not a fan of is . . .
- seeing your thong
- If I can see it when you sit or bend over your pants or skirt are riding to low on your hips
If you can clearly see 21 in your rearview mirrow or you can’t remember 21 than you should not be shopping at Forever 21 or even H&M or any other teeny bopper store, unless you are there to buy something for a teeny bopper.