I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Amanda over at From One Crazy Life to Another and I want to thank her for the nomination. It’s taken me some time to get this done as I was in the process of moving my blog from A Chick’s Opinion to 20/20 Hines Sight, but at last here it is.
The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- List 11 facts about YOU!
- Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award
- Announce the nominations to the nominee
11 Facts About Me
- I have had five surgeries. I broke my leg in two places, so I have a rod and pins. Fibroid surgery. I had a herniated disk in back and they shaved it down. Two breast surgeries.
- I’ve always wanted to be a stunt car driver.
- I’ve only been drunk once. It wasn’t what I expected. I was in college and playing spades (girls against boys). This guy fixes some Jack and coke and I drank up. I woke up the next morning at 7:30 am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, had breakfast and headed off to class. I didn’t have a pounding headache nor was I nauseous, but I did feel like I had moss on my tongue and that I couldn’t get enough water.
- When I was younger I wanted to be veterinarian, a people doctor, and a lawyer
- I watch BBC. I like British shows.
- Right now I’m addicted to reading Scandinavian novels. Thanks Steig Larsson and the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.
- I’ve been known to sniff out a bargain a mile away. If it ain’t on sale I don’t buy it. And if it comes with a coupon even better. I recently got a $200 blazer for $2.40 (sales tax). It was on sale for $80 and it was 50% off the sale price and I had $40 dollars in coupons.
- I don’t have children and I don’t have a desire to bear them. I would like to adopt someday.
- I would love to eradicate homelessness.
- I got kicked out of a toy store. Some friends and were on spring break in Florida — Disney World. we went to a toy store (don’t know why) and were fighting each with Noodle Pool toys. It was so much fun and then we were politely asked to leave.
- My best male friend calls me a closet Republican. Not sure about that. There are Republican ideals I believe in and there are Democratic ideals I believe in and some of my ideals don’t fall into either category.
10 Nominees — I found 8 that really peaked my interest. I will keep searching and add two more.