I had something different planned for today, but then after the last few days I’ve had felt this to be apropos.
I saw this posted on Thought Catalog a while ago, “19 Struggles Only People Who Hate People Understand”
1. When you’re sitting by yourself in a public place and someone sits next to you, your first instinct is great. I hope they don’t start talking to me.
2. Then they start talking and you’re like, CRAP.
3. They’re blah blahing about their day while you silently wonder who Continue reading →
I’m just now realizing that my Day 2 of NaBloPoMo didn’t post, so here it is.
- Volunteering/Giving Back – When I go and tutor my kids and see the Ah Ha moment that makes me really happy.
- Lazy days – Oh my gosh a lazy day is a dime a dozen with me now, but when I get them I sure do take advantage of them
- Reading – Curling up with a good book Continue reading →
Sooo, November just kinda snuck up on me. I’ve been super busy these past few months. Back and forth to the doctor and physical therapy for an ankle that doesn’t seem to want to heal; working two jobs, tutoring, book clubs, and I’m sure there are some other things but I can’t think of them right now.
Anyway, this year I’m going to attempt – in addition to everything else – NaBloPoMo on this blog and my short story blog. I have mostly everything mapped out, but you know ‘best laid plans’.
I thought I’d start off NaBloPoMo with something fun. Continue reading →
I’ve been thinking about this for some time and I finally made up my that I’m going to do it.
In 2017 I’m only going to read books written by and about people of color.
The idea came to me a few years ago when I going through my literature books. Trying to figure out what I was going to keep and what I was going to give away. I noticed Continue reading →